Benton On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://bentononfire.forumotion.co.uk

Log inLog in  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  

European Youth Parliament

Go down 
+2
kabirrane
Simon Lock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Simon Lock

Simon Lock

European Youth Parliament Empty
PostSubject: European Youth Parliament   European Youth Parliament Forum10Sun 10 Jan - 22:38

Dear Citizenship Coordinator/Head of Sixth Form,

I am writing to invite you and a team of 8 Year 12 students to take place in the Yorkshire & Humberside European Forum 2010, which is taking place at Birkdale School, Sheffield on 18th March 2010.
This is an opportunity for a team of students from year 12 to meet others from the region in this one day event, and debate current European and global issues. It offers a team of your students the chance to develop their skills of democratic participation as well as building on their knowledge of current affairs.
The European Youth Parliament is an educational foundation that aims to build on the potential of young people through the strengthening of skills such as communication, teambuilding, trust, understanding and working with others from very different backgrounds. It also seeks to offer young people across Europe the opportunity to become active citizens by participating in one of its events.
The EYP is active in over 30 countries across Europe with local, regional, national and international events. Each year the UK hosts 14 Regional Selection Forums.
One school is selected to represent each region and is asked to send a team of ten students currently in year 12 to the National Selection Conference at Durham University for a long weekend in September 2010. The two winning schools at Durham will be going to represent the United Kingdom at international conferences of the EYP in either autumn 2010 or spring 2011.
It is worth noting that we do ask for a participation fee of £60 per team for the Yorkshire & Humberside European Forum (which is £7.50 per student and includes lunch) and £120 per delegate should you progress to the National Conference. However, many schools find local sponsorship to cover their costs and I am happy to give advice about this.
Should you wish to participate in this event please fill out the application form, which is attached. Places are limited to just 12 schools therefore the sooner you return this form, the more chance your team has of being able to participate. In order to allow teams enough time to prepare for the forum, the form must be returned by Wednesday 3rd February 2010 at the latest.

I hope that you and your school will be interested in the work of the European Youth Parliament and hope to see you at an event soon.
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Regards,
Oliver Mayman
Yorkshire & Humberside European Forum Organiser
Back to top Go down
Simon Lock

Simon Lock

PostSubject: Re: European Youth Parliament   European Youth Parliament Forum10Sun 10 Jan - 22:38

Who's up for this then?
Back to top Go down
kabirrane

kabirrane

PostSubject: Re: European Youth Parliament   European Youth Parliament Forum10Sun 10 Jan - 23:10

Im gonna get a comment in here before the flood of abuse arrives.

I sharnt never be doing anything like this, I have no real reason to want to get deeply involved in politics at any level at the moment, a major problem being that we carn't make any real difference or vote yet. Nor do i want to get into Politics in the future, its just not the carrer path i want to take.

So in short Thanks but no thanks.
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

PostSubject: Re: European Youth Parliament   European Youth Parliament Forum10Mon 11 Jan - 1:03

Not for all the tea in china. No thanks
Back to top Go down
Apple Schnapps

Apple Schnapps

PostSubject: Re: European Youth Parliament   European Youth Parliament Forum10Mon 11 Jan - 17:52

Maaaaaybe? Let me see how many people are interested first.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

PostSubject: Re: European Youth Parliament   European Youth Parliament Forum10Mon 11 Jan - 18:51

I'm interested, but will need to talk to Mr.Cresswell first.
Back to top Go down
Simon Lock

Simon Lock

PostSubject: Re: European Youth Parliament   European Youth Parliament Forum10Mon 11 Jan - 23:13

Good stuff.

So far we have:

Simon Lock
Aidan Barry
Charlotte Dawson
Nick Sharpe
Joe Bennett (unconfirmed -wants to do it but may not be allowed because he moved schools)
Henry Aspden (unconfirmed -wants to do it but may have a holiday)
BertVimes (unconfirmed)
Amy (unconfirmed)
Back to top Go down
smoozie

smoozie

PostSubject: Re: European Youth Parliament   European Youth Parliament Forum10Sun 17 Jan - 0:52

cud somebody put that to me in a lot less words it sounds very political to me but just to make sure :)
Back to top Go down
kabirrane

kabirrane

PostSubject: Re: European Youth Parliament   European Youth Parliament Forum10Sun 17 Jan - 3:26

smoozie wrote:
cud somebody put that to me in a lot less words it sounds very political to me but just to make sure :)

essentially

"Debate current european and global issues ,develop their skills of democratic participation and knowledge of current affairs."
Back to top Go down
smoozie

smoozie

PostSubject: Re: European Youth Parliament   European Youth Parliament Forum10Wed 20 Jan - 0:38

naah count me out sounds tedious to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European Youth Parliament   European Youth Parliament Forum10

Back to top Go down

European Youth Parliament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Benton On Fire :: The Benton On Fire Forum :: The Notice Board-
Jump to: