Benton On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://bentononfire.forumotion.co.uk

Log inLog in  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  

Afghanistan War

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Simon Lock

Simon Lock

Afghanistan War Empty
PostSubject: Afghanistan War   Afghanistan War Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 21:09

What do people think of the Afghanistan war?

Should we stay there, in order to try and defeat the taliban and justify the deaths of our troops so far, but risk more casualties?

Or should we withdraw, to save our troops from further casualties, but leave the country in a state of turmoil?

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

Afghanistan War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan War   Afghanistan War Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 22:00

We've started, so we should see it out. If we lose then that's that, if we don't then great. I don't think we shoudl have gone in in the first place, but at the same time I don't think it would be responsible, nor good for the country's image in Afganistan, for us to leave.
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

Afghanistan War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan War   Afghanistan War Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 23:23

We had more right to go into Afghanistan than we did Iraq. But we've been there far too long now and the situation isn't getting healthier.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

Afghanistan War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan War   Afghanistan War Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 23:26

willchadwick wrote:
We had more right to go into Afghanistan than we did Iraq. But we've been there far too long now and the situation isn't getting healthier.

Well that's arguable, since we've got our generals sayign there is progress, but we can't just leave now, they'll hate us for it, and the terrorists and opium growing scum will have an even greater footing there. It's success or hatred if we stay, or hatred if we go.

BTW, I would just like to point out that I don't think we should ever have gone in there.
Back to top Go down
Simon Lock

Simon Lock

Afghanistan War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan War   Afghanistan War Forum10Mon 28 Sep - 20:27

Agh!

I'm agreeing with Bertie!

This is happening far too much. I really need to sort myself out XD

Seriously though, I do think that we have a duty to stay there until the job is done. Yes it will cost lives, but it will be worth it in the end. Far more lives would be lost if we allowed the Taliban free reign.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Afghanistan War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afghanistan War   Afghanistan War Forum10

Back to top Go down

Afghanistan War
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Benton On Fire :: Additional Discussion :: News and Sport-
Jump to: