Benton On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://bentononfire.forumotion.co.uk

Log inLog in  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  

What's your favourite Python film?

Go down 
4 posters

Life of Brian
What's your favourite Python film? Vote_lcap225%What's your favourite Python film? Vote_rcap2
 25% [ 1 ]
The Meaning of Life
What's your favourite Python film? Vote_lcap250%What's your favourite Python film? Vote_rcap2
 50% [ 2 ]
Holy Grail
What's your favourite Python film? Vote_lcap225%What's your favourite Python film? Vote_rcap2
 25% [ 1 ]
And NFSCD
What's your favourite Python film? Vote_lcap20%What's your favourite Python film? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Dr. Peripheral
Dr. Peripheral

What's your favourite Python film? Empty
PostSubject: What's your favourite Python film?   What's your favourite Python film? Forum10Tue 8 Sep - 18:45

Life of Brian
The Meaning of Life
Holy Grail
And Now For Something Completely Different

Which is your favourite and why?

I personally like The Holy Grail best, not only because I find it funnier, but because whenever I find myself quoting python, it's usually from the silly and immature dialogue in the film.

Now please reply to my post you empty headed animal food trough wiper. Go and boil your bottom, you son of a silly person. I blow my nose at you and all your silly English K-nig-hts. Come on you English pig dog - your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

So... GET ON WITH IT!

Ni! NI! (etc.)

Last edited by Dr. Peripheral on Tue 8 Sep - 20:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite Python film?   What's your favourite Python film? Forum10Tue 8 Sep - 19:53

Life of Brian, the funniest and most intelligent Python film, it has razor sharp satire, endlessly quotable lines and great comedic performances.
Back to top Go down
kabirrane

kabirrane

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite Python film?   What's your favourite Python film? Forum10Tue 8 Sep - 23:45

Im going to be controversial and say the Meaning of Life because even though Life of Brian maybe the sharpest and most intelligent of the Monty Python films my favorite python content is always the more random and silly (like the bike sketch episode of the telly show) which the Meaning of Life is. Holy Grail is second followed by Brian. I dont count and NFSCD because its the tv show re-filmed and thats about it, not much of a film really.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Peripheral
Dr. Peripheral

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite Python film?   What's your favourite Python film? Forum10Tue 8 Sep - 23:55

I like how everyone has said a different one so far - it really shows how good all the Python films are tbh. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite Python film?   What's your favourite Python film? Forum10Wed 9 Sep - 0:04

kabirrane wrote:
Im going to be controversial and say the Meaning of Life because... ...my favorite python content is always the more random and silly (like the bike sketch episode of the telly show) which the Meaning of Life is.

That's pretty much it. It follows Pythons winning formula of linking a lot of seemingly unrelated sketches in a ridiculously silly way. It takes Python's satire to the same high standard found in the Flying Circus too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite Python film?   What's your favourite Python film? Forum10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1