Benton On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://bentononfire.forumotion.co.uk

Log inLog in  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  

Retro Gaming

Go down 
3 posters

What was the first Nintendo Game You Played?
TETRIS
Retro Gaming Vote_lcap20%Retro Gaming Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
POKEMON
Retro Gaming Vote_lcap250%Retro Gaming Vote_rcap2
 50% [ 2 ]
MARIO
Retro Gaming Vote_lcap250%Retro Gaming Vote_rcap2
 50% [ 2 ]
OTHER
Retro Gaming Vote_lcap20%Retro Gaming Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
kabirrane

kabirrane

Retro Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Retro Gaming   Retro Gaming Forum10Thu 24 Sep - 19:15

Everybody i knew had at least one games console when they were tiddlers and probably spent way too much time on it (i can see all you hiding trying to avoid this question but its true!).

My first console would have been the original playstation, the one that was the bigger than the nintendo wii is today (had more use as a doorstop than a gaming console) followed by a second PS1 in 2003ish when my original broke so bought the much much smaller new edition which seemed to be miniature in comparison. Plus i was too cheap to buy a PS2 which actually was a birthday present the next year which was nice. Played way too much time on that console, some of my favorite games have to be the Crash Bandicoot series (the second of which i could probably speed run today as i spent way too much time on this) as well as the Spryo series, shame both were messed up when they were sold on =( I keep trying to think that the new games in those series dont actually exist.

The first handheld would have been the Gameboy Colour, which in terms of games was excellent but in terms of that terrible little screen was awful. You needed a ton of light to be able to see any of the on screen graphics and then if you put a light directly on the screen it would just reflect the light back into your eyes and no image. My favorite games on their would have to be Pokemon Gold/Crystal/Silver (yes ive played all three) as well as the Super Mario Bros port which is the only version of Super Mario Bros to date that i have actually completed from Start to finish (ive done the NES one but they are actually both the same game, just one is on the gameboy and one aint).

There has been many more 'retro consoles' since those two but they are the one's i remember strongly, the N64 i have good memories of playing the original Mario Party against my cousins at theirs although i only just got one of them for myself a few years ago and the NES i bought in July so not that many memories of that yet, except for the Gameboy ports and the Virtual versions on wii.

Any way ive been ranting on for way too long now, how about your first consoles and what sweet sweet (or horribly bitter) memories you still have of them. Also before you start i have a theory about the first Nintendo releated game that everybody would have played and narrowed it down to either Tetris or Mario so please vote above and we'll see if for once i was correct!
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

Retro Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Gaming   Retro Gaming Forum10Sat 26 Sep - 17:34

Actually wait, could Admin change my vote, it was Mario Bros. GBA
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

Retro Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Gaming   Retro Gaming Forum10Sat 26 Sep - 18:26

You see, the evil brainwashing franchise that is Pokemon made him forget his first proper Nintendo gaming experience. I think we should boycott the wretched thing.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

Retro Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Gaming   Retro Gaming Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 19:36

willchadwick wrote:
You see, the evil brainwashing franchise that is Pokemon made him forget his first proper Nintendo gaming experience. I think we should boycott the wretched thing.

Meh, it's a very clever concept for kids since it gives a total alternate reality where they can do pretty much what they want (even though there are constraints since the games are limited to a game and not reality of course). It has gone a bit wayward since they kept on creating new crappy creatures, but the first 300 were ok and memorable, which is what kids need in a game.
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

Retro Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Gaming   Retro Gaming Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 20:23

bert vimes wrote:
Meh, it's a very clever concept for kids since it gives a total alternate reality where they can do pretty much what they want
That I do not deny, the clever concept was: it was like a brainwashing machine, EVERYONE talked about Pokemon. It is evil.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

Retro Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Gaming   Retro Gaming Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 20:40

willchadwick wrote:
That I do not deny, the clever concept was: it was like a brainwashing machine, EVERYONE talked about Pokemon. It is evil.

That's like saying that since everyone talks about shawshank, it's evil.
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

Retro Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Gaming   Retro Gaming Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 20:45

bert vimes wrote:
willchadwick wrote:

That's like saying that since everyone talks about shawshank, it's evil.
Badly worded argument. My essay writing has sapped my intelligence for the weekend. Which must be why I'm looking forward to the X-Factor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Retro Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Gaming   Retro Gaming Forum10

Back to top Go down

Retro Gaming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Benton On Fire :: General Moaning and Arguing :: Video Games and Gaming-
Jump to: