Benton On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://bentononfire.forumotion.co.uk

Log inLog in  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
willchadwick

willchadwick

James Cameron's Avatar Empty
PostSubject: James Cameron's Avatar   James Cameron's Avatar Forum10Mon 21 Sep - 21:45

Have a look at the trailer see what you think: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avatar/hd/

So far I'm not overly thrilled, don't like the look of the CGI, don't care about 3D (which is all a big marketing and piracy cop out), don't care about James Cameron. And don't get the hype, they're just tall, blue cats. Gollum looked better than the blue cats.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron's Avatar   James Cameron's Avatar Forum10Mon 21 Sep - 22:17

I'll be honest. It looks like a crash bang wallop film with blue things that are a rip of the faun from Pan's Labyrinth fighting men in big metal suits which are a rip of supreme commander (a pc game which has taken the idea from somewhere else anyway).

Transformers meets blue things with lots of van helsing explosions. Can you tell i'm unimpressed already? James Cameron's Avatar 365604
Back to top Go down
JD

JD

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron's Avatar   James Cameron's Avatar Forum10Mon 21 Sep - 22:38

It makes me itch,
I rather avoid it at all costs.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Peripheral
Dr. Peripheral

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron's Avatar   James Cameron's Avatar Forum10Tue 22 Sep - 19:18

bert vimes wrote:
I'll be honest. It looks like a crash bang wallop film with blue things

This about summarises it for me. We've basically seen everything in it before, all it does is mash it together with little plot - it's nothing special.
Back to top Go down
kabirrane

kabirrane

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron's Avatar   James Cameron's Avatar Forum10Tue 22 Sep - 22:24

To be honest from the trailer i really carn't say that im impressed, i mean sure it looks alright, the effects not to bad but it looks so generic, sure normal trailers often do but this isn't supposed to be a normal film if the marketing guff is to be believed. I'll probably end up seeing this but you wont see me rushing to see it opening day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron's Avatar   James Cameron's Avatar Forum10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Benton On Fire :: General Moaning and Arguing :: Film and TV Discussion-
Jump to: