Benton On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://bentononfire.forumotion.co.uk

Log inLog in  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  

Epic Mickey

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Peripheral
Dr. Peripheral

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10Fri 18 Sep - 22:11

Disney + Steampunk + Wii = .....I couldn't possibly imagine.

This new game is apparently in the works from Disney Int and Junction Point, and with Warren Spector (System Shock, Deus Ex) behind it I have no idea what to expect. From the concept art and the little information that's been released, we know it's for Wii and features the Disney characters and settings in a post-apocalyptic environment. Take a look:

Epic Mickey Concept1
Epic Mickey Image-o-matic
Epic Mickey Sea_transport413_screen
Epic Mickey Goofy_zombie-noscale
Epic Mickey Beetleworx_6

To view all the concept art Click Here.

This game just looks mad, strange and surreal - in the best kind of way. I'm really looking forward to getting more info on it. The choice of console too, the Wii isn't exactly noted for this type of game, and yet it seems to fit - and seeing the Disney characters in this style is both weird and mightily interesting. I hope the game does this concept work justice, if it turns out to be anything like this then I'm sure it will be something very very 'epic' indeed.
Back to top Go down
JD

JD

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10Fri 18 Sep - 22:30

WOAH!

I'll look into that.
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10Fri 18 Sep - 22:33

That looks mad. I will look forward to seeing that.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10Sat 19 Sep - 12:45

That looks great. If it is as original as it looks, then disney has yet again reinvented that mouse!
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10Sat 19 Sep - 16:28

Strange the top photo looks like the opening shot of Blade Runner. The rest look like the Heavy Metal comics, but it does have something unique about it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Peripheral
Dr. Peripheral

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10Tue 22 Sep - 19:21

Although I really love the style, I can't help but think of poor old Walt spinning in his freezer some more.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10Tue 22 Sep - 19:34

Dr. Peripheral wrote:
Although I really love the style, I can't help but think of poor old Walt spinning in his freezer some more.

I think it's only his head they froze, so he's spinning in his grave AND his freezer
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10Tue 22 Sep - 20:13

Dr. Peripheral wrote:
I can't help but think of poor old Walt spinning in his freezer some more.
WHAT???
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10Tue 22 Sep - 20:29

willchadwick wrote:
Dr. Peripheral wrote:
I can't help but think of poor old Walt spinning in his freezer some more.
WHAT???

Didn't you know that Walt Disney's head is chryogenically frozen? It's a little bit disputed, but some people say that his entire body is too.
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10Tue 22 Sep - 23:08

bert vimes wrote:
Didn't you know that Walt Disney's head is chryogenically frozen? It's a little bit disputed, but some people say that his entire body is too.
No I didn't. That's incredibly creepy.
Back to top Go down
Zoe Ratch

Zoe Ratch

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10Wed 23 Sep - 22:31

lol its kingdom hearts gone wrong!
Actually that looks pretty awesome, ill check it out.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Peripheral
Dr. Peripheral

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10Tue 20 Oct - 1:02

New Details of Development, Gameplay and Story - thanks to Game Informer and N-Europe!
N-Europe wrote:

Story

• The sorcerer Yen Sid has created a pen-and-paper world (based on Walt Disney World) inhabited by all his forgotten creations. Oswald the Lucky Rabit lives here, who becomes one of the central villains of the game.
  • At the start of the game, Mickey enters the world through a magic mirror, and accidentally spills paint and paint thinner on the drawing of this world. Mickey escapes before Yen Sid finds out.
  • The mess that Mickey leaves ends up turning the drawing into a twisted version of what was originally created. Classic Disney villain The Phantom Blot uses this to take over.
  • Many years later, after Mickey becomes successful, he re-enters the mirror and sees what has happened to the world. The Phantom Blot drags Mickey into the world, which is where the adventure begins.

Gameplay

• Use the Wiimote to paint in buildings, platforms and more.
  • Swipe away enemies with the Wiimote when using paint thinner.
  • You can play the game as you like, either destroying everything in sight, or taking the hero's route and recreating the world. It's completely up to you, and you can mix-and-match play styles.
  • Mickey's appearance and stance will change based on the way you play the game.
  • Trade some items for health
  • Donald Duck animatronic pieces are scattered throughout one portion of the game. Collect them to put him back together.
  • The game has elements of platforming, exploration and role-playing.
  • Visit the gears and mechanics underneath the 'It's a Small World' ride, complete with an eerie re-imagining of the music.
  • Some sections put you into a 2d world, where you'll revisit some of Mickey's old cartoons.
  • Part of the game involves finding sketches and bringing them to life with your paintbrush. Sketches can be activated to give you new powers (clock sketch to slow time, TV sketch to distract enemies, and more).

And if that wasn't enough, there's also a heap of neat info concerning the development of the game, including some personal titbits from helmer Warren Spector.

• Mickey's appearance is much, much closer to his original debut style.
  • Disney was the one to approach Spector.
  • Spector originally was against the idea of creating a Mickey game, because he said that he didn't do kids games. However, Spector changed his mind when Disney said that they were looking for someone to 'reinvigorate' Mickey.
  • Spector wants the game to scare kids, but says there are also some funny parts. He claims the visuals are like "the bastard child of Tim Burton and Disney".

Also, there's an interview with Spector here -> http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=12131 and also a video with some new art and development shots here-> http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2009/10/15/the-art-of-epic-mickey.aspx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Epic Mickey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Mickey   Epic Mickey Forum10

Back to top Go down

Epic Mickey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Benton On Fire :: General Moaning and Arguing :: Video Games and Gaming-
Jump to: