Benton On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://bentononfire.forumotion.co.uk

Log inLog in  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  

WiiWare Worms - Team 17

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Peripheral
Dr. Peripheral

WiiWare Worms - Team 17 Empty
PostSubject: WiiWare Worms - Team 17   WiiWare Worms - Team 17 Forum10Fri 18 Sep - 20:34

Worms Battle Islands, the new Worms game for Team 17, which game to light with Nintendo Europes WiiWare schedule release yesterday, looks like it could back to the classic worms we know and love.

As a Worms fan I was, like most, disappointed with Worms: A Space Oddity, the main reason it was bad: THQ - the publishers - decided to scrap the WiFi and had pretty much full control over the game - leaving Team 17 out of the picture. And without Team 17, Worms is most definitely not Worms. So it's fantastic news that Team 17 are once again taking the reigns and therefore able to create something, once again, far better, without the constraints, on a Nintendo machine.

Battle Islands is confirmed to have online wifi play and Classic Wii Remote Sideways controls (both of which Oddity lacked, and massively suffered for.) Plus a new gameplay element, with Worms battling to expand territory and strategically steal it away from the enemy; this, plus the classic Team17-without-interference Worms gameplay, humour and customisation could be the one to match Armageddon and World Party, only time will tell. (OK, so not counting A2 and PSN Worms)

I'm also amazed to find that Battle Islands will be on the Nintendo WiiWare Shop in just under a month - A MONTH! In the words of the Holy Hand-grenade - HALLELUJAH!!!

There's trailers, screens and articles about the net, so if your a Worms fan, lets hear your thoughts. What are you hoping for / want / like?

Last edited by Dr. Peripheral on Fri 18 Sep - 20:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

PostSubject: Re: WiiWare Worms - Team 17   WiiWare Worms - Team 17 Forum10Fri 18 Sep - 20:38

Fantastic. I look forward to playing it, although I never played on Space Oddity, and frankly I'm never going to, it is great news to hear that Team 17 are finally back on what they do best and it isn't other developers trying to copy the magic they found in those weapon lugging invertebrates..
Back to top Go down
Dr. Peripheral
Dr. Peripheral

PostSubject: Re: WiiWare Worms - Team 17   WiiWare Worms - Team 17 Forum10Tue 22 Sep - 19:22

willchadwick wrote:
Fantastic. I look forward to playing it, although I never played on Space Oddity, and frankly I'm never going to, it is great news to hear that Team 17 are finally back on what they do best and it isn't other developers trying to copy the magic they found in those weapon lugging invertebrates..

Just out of interest, what was the last Worms game you played?
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

PostSubject: Re: WiiWare Worms - Team 17   WiiWare Worms - Team 17 Forum10Tue 22 Sep - 20:11

Open Warfare 2
Back to top Go down
kabirrane

kabirrane

PostSubject: Re: WiiWare Worms - Team 17   WiiWare Worms - Team 17 Forum10Tue 22 Sep - 22:31

Im defiantly looking forward to this worms game, less so than the others although the Wi-fi element will be definatly fun. The thing that makes this game a little off putting as it doesn't look like its trying to shake the whole worms structure enough, it looks like Armageddon. I mean thats not a bad thing, i think the game will be excellent to play but on the whole not offer much more really. Will be buying it the minute its online though
Back to top Go down
Dr. Peripheral
Dr. Peripheral

PostSubject: Re: WiiWare Worms - Team 17   WiiWare Worms - Team 17 Forum10Wed 23 Sep - 1:01

kabirrane wrote:
it doesn't look like its trying to shake the whole worms structure enough, it looks like Armageddon. I mean thats not a bad thing, i think the game will be excellent to play but on the whole not offer much more really.
To be honest, I wouldn't want it to change that much, it's the old 'why mess with a winning formula' thing; though adding the new gameplay element of expanding and losing territory in battle sounds like it will add more depth for those who want it.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

PostSubject: Re: WiiWare Worms - Team 17   WiiWare Worms - Team 17 Forum10Wed 23 Sep - 1:13

Perhaps it would be good if it contained more scenario type elements, such as re-enacting famous battles or wars. So you could have a jungly one for vietnam, and trenches and a charge of the light brigade etc.
Back to top Go down
Zoe Ratch

Zoe Ratch

PostSubject: Re: WiiWare Worms - Team 17   WiiWare Worms - Team 17 Forum10Wed 23 Sep - 22:45

I hope they have the exploding sheep! I had a well good team back on the ps1, but i upgraded onto an online stick man version with 'Cap'in Flu' with Jesus second in command =) Santa always got the great shots....

Quote :
Perhaps it would be good if it contained more scenario type elements, such as re-enacting famous battles or wars. So you could have a jungly one for vietnam, and trenches and a charge of the light brigade etc.
Berties saying he wants an educational value so it can be played in school. Get realistic Bertie, THE VIETNAM WAR WAS NOT FOUGHT BY WORMS!!! =)
Back to top Go down
kabirrane

kabirrane

PostSubject: Re: WiiWare Worms - Team 17   WiiWare Worms - Team 17 Forum10Thu 24 Sep - 17:44

Dr. Peripheral wrote:
kabirrane wrote:
it doesn't look like its trying to shake the whole worms structure enough, it looks like Armageddon. I mean thats not a bad thing, i think the game will be excellent to play but on the whole not offer much more really.
To be honest, I wouldn't want it to change that much, it's the old 'why mess with a winning formula' thing; though adding the new gameplay element of expanding and losing territory in battle sounds like it will add more depth for those who want it.

I dont want the forumula changing at all but i just think they should release 1 good version of the game per console and call it a day, worms has had a gazzillion ports and some of them not that good at all.

Team17 have been doing just worms for so long and their is so much talent that they could be using like on Alien Breed. I think more variety from them would be fantasic.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

PostSubject: Re: WiiWare Worms - Team 17   WiiWare Worms - Team 17 Forum10Sat 26 Sep - 17:33

Zoe Ratch wrote:
Bertie's saying he wants an educational value so it can be played in school. Get realistic Bertie, THE VIETNAM WAR WAS NOT FOUGHT BY WORMS!!! =)

Actually, I never said it had to be educational, just so that it had an extra optional dimension along with the classic formula.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WiiWare Worms - Team 17   WiiWare Worms - Team 17 Forum10

Back to top Go down

WiiWare Worms - Team 17
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Benton On Fire :: General Moaning and Arguing :: Video Games and Gaming-
Jump to: