Benton On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://bentononfire.forumotion.co.uk

Log inLog in  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  

Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
willchadwick

willchadwick

Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead Empty
PostSubject: Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead   Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead Forum10Fri 18 Sep - 20:32

YAY. Finally some good films, I think Evil Dead I & II are terrific horror milestones and one of the very few films that both pass off to be hilariously funny as well as quite scary, with some fantastic sequences of squishy gore which look fantastic and have a certain physicality and is better compared to CGI monsters waving their pixels around. Bruce Campbell is a god and in the second film he really comes into his own proving he is a fantastic physical performer who really enjoys throwing himself around the set, Raimi directs with a verve and a certain style which is fresh and original compared to the other slasher horror that came out in the 80s which was rehashed and boring and failed to bring life to what was now a dying form, it took Raimi and Co. to really brighten up that period of cinema (even though it was banned and cut in cinemas). And the best thing about it, all of them are 80 minutes long and always get off the ground running and straight into the action, giving us the zombies, the effects, the crashing around of the set etc. They are exciting, disgusting, funny and beautiful all roled into one, the first two films are the best things Sam Raimi EVER did.

After he brought that wierd, quirky and interesting style to films such as Spider-Man, Darkman and The Quick and the Dead as well as A Simple Plan, he is a fantastic filmmaker who can blend themselves into any genre and do a successful job. Its funny also the only film I do not like of his is Army of Darkness and Spider-Man 3, both threequels and both over extend themselves but out of all the work he has produced which is fantastic they are just blemishes on a fantastic career.

For those who have no idea who he is, he is sort of like Terry Gilliam mixed with the Coen Brothers, which is only the highest compliment.
Back to top Go down
JD

JD

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead   Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead Forum10Fri 18 Sep - 21:42

YES!!!

Well done for setting this up ;).

I love how Raimi's directive narrative is so lose and free-flowing, making his films look almost effectless, I will always love those movies <3.

Another aspect I enjoy about Evil Dead (especially number 1) is how the make-up comes off half-way through the film, adding to the low budget-ness.

Anyone seen the prequel 'Within The Woods'??
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead   Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead Forum10Fri 18 Sep - 22:31

JD wrote:
Another aspect I enjoy about Evil Dead (especially number 1) is how the make-up comes off half-way through the film, adding to the low budget-ness.

Anyone seen the prequel 'Within The Woods'??

Yes, it does seem a bit ropey but it is marvellous considering how low the budget is. I haven't seen Within the Woods, though would like to.
Back to top Go down
JD

JD

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead   Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead Forum10Fri 18 Sep - 22:45

willchadwick wrote:

Yes, it does seem a bit ropey but it is marvellous considering how low the budget is. I haven't seen Within the Woods, though would like to.

It's not a long film, only like 45 minutes or so,
it'll probz be lurking around online or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead   Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead Forum10

Back to top Go down

Sam Raimi and The Evil Dead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Benton On Fire :: General Moaning and Arguing :: Film and TV Discussion-
Jump to: