Benton On Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://bentononfire.forumotion.co.uk

Log inLog in  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  

What are you Reading at the Moment?

Go down 
+6
Zoe Ratch
JD
Dr. Peripheral
kabirrane
bert vimes
willchadwick
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
willchadwick

willchadwick

What are you Reading at the Moment? Empty
PostSubject: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Wed 9 Sep - 0:47

What are you Reading at the Moment? 975823 which book or books are you currently ploughing through, are you enjoying them? Is it a tough read or easy going? Exciting or boring? What are you Reading at the Moment? 975823

I'm currently reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson. And enjoying it very much
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Wed 9 Sep - 0:50

Am reading Trainspotting, by Irvine Welsh, which I'm enjoying (if that's the right word) a lot since it's not normally what I would read.

Also, am reading "Birds, Beasts and Relatives" which is the sequel to "My Family and Other Animals" by Gerry Durrell

I am disturbed to find that I resemble closely Larry Durrell, Gerry's older and incredibly patronising brother...
Back to top Go down
kabirrane

kabirrane

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Wed 9 Sep - 0:58

The Forum (somebody had to say it)

Actually in mid stages of reading about a million books / magazines including
D23 Magazine {Issue 1.3), Watchmen, Hitchhikers 6, Shawshank and Clockwork Orange.

Don't know if ill ever finish them though
Back to top Go down
Dr. Peripheral
Dr. Peripheral

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Mon 14 Sep - 17:57

Reading Wuthering Heights for English, I just don't like it tbh. What are you Reading at the Moment? 759174
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Tue 15 Sep - 23:25

Reading a textbook on the Unification of Italy What are you Reading at the Moment? 80045 could be worse.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Fri 18 Sep - 18:33

2 huge textbooks from History, one about poor people dying and famine and disease and turnips, and the other, a national struggle against the oppression of the French empire and brave Italian nationalists.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Peripheral
Dr. Peripheral

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Fri 18 Sep - 19:36

Actually enjoying the "Image and Representation: Key Concepts in Media Studies" book by Lacey... fascinating stuff. (No, really, it is!) What are you Reading at the Moment? 975823
Back to top Go down
JD

JD

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Fri 18 Sep - 22:50

Dr. Peripheral wrote:
Actually enjoying the "Image and Representation: Key Concepts in Media Studies" book by Lacey... fascinating stuff. (No, really, it is!) What are you Reading at the Moment? 975823

I agree,
it's strangely alluring.
Back to top Go down
kabirrane

kabirrane

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Tue 22 Sep - 22:28

Currently reading Volume one of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

If you love the film i would defiantly advice to buy the mang. The first volume is practically just the film it end and starts at the same place. This can be expected as this is what the film was later adapted into. There are actually seven volumes in the collection which the highly detailed world of the film / volume one is expanded apon greatly. Its a great story with great artwork both from Miyazaki, definatly worth picking up for any fan of the Ghibli action films
Back to top Go down
Zoe Ratch

Zoe Ratch

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Wed 23 Sep - 22:38

Wuthering heights.... load of rubbish at the minute. Wouldn't mind a bit of horror at the moment... wheres my Shaun Hutson collection...?
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Wed 23 Sep - 23:13

Wuthering Heights isn't a bad book.

I'm reading The Death of Bunny Munro currently. VERY seedy.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Sat 26 Sep - 17:35

willchadwick wrote:
Wuthering Heights isn't a bad book.

I'm reading The Death of Bunny Munro currently. VERY seedy.

1. If it's by a Bronte then it is (in my opnion, though that does not neccessarily reflect yours)

2. Do you only read seedy or violent books?
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Sat 26 Sep - 18:24

bert vimes wrote:
2. Do you only read seedy or violent books?
Don't be stupid or flippant. The answer is no.
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Sat 26 Sep - 18:29

Currently reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy again
Back to top Go down
Simon Lock

Simon Lock

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 21:20

I read the Da Vinci Code recently, want to try out Dan Brown's new book, but I'll probably wait then borrow it from the library.
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 23:27

Simon Lock wrote:
I read the Da Vinci Code recently, want to try out Dan Brown's new book, but I'll probably wait then borrow it from the library.
Ha. The toilet flusher
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 23:32

willchadwick wrote:
Simon Lock wrote:
Ha. The toilet flusher

lol, That and the complete works of Shakespeare.
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 23:39

bert vimes wrote:
willchadwick wrote:
Simon Lock wrote:
Ha. The toilet flusher

No. Just no. Comparing Shakespeare to Dan Brown is stupid and you know it.
Back to top Go down
bert vimes

bert vimes

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 23:55

willchadwick wrote:
bert vimes wrote:
willchadwick wrote:
Simon Lock wrote:
Ha. The toilet flusher

No. Just no. Comparing Shakespeare to Dan Brown is stupid and you know it.

I was not comparing them on literary prowess, that would be stupid, everyone knows I prefer Shakespeare to him and I hate Shakespeare. I was comparing them on quality of use as toiled paper, as I beleive you were.
Back to top Go down
willchadwick

willchadwick

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Sun 27 Sep - 23:58

bert vimes wrote:
I was comparing them on quality of use as toiled paper, as I beleive you were.
I see
Back to top Go down
Charlottey*

Charlottey*

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Sun 4 Oct - 0:49

Currently reading Wuthering Heights and Tess of the d'Urbervilles.
I'm also attempting to dip into a bit of Jane Austen.

In my opinion the Brontes were amazing :)
Lol, my mother even tries telling me she named us after them ( I have a sister called Emily )
Back to top Go down
smoozie

smoozie

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Sun 4 Oct - 23:30

@ zoe...hav u ever read the georgia nicholson books???

i think u wud realli enjoy dem so if u wanna borrow dem just ask

:)
Back to top Go down
kabirrane

kabirrane

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Tue 6 Oct - 21:14

Still reading Naussica Volume 1

I have terrible reading habits which means i only tend to read about ten minutes of a book at a time only a few times a month which means it takes be yonks to read them =(
Back to top Go down
smoozie

smoozie

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Fri 9 Oct - 18:48

goodnight mr tom :)

i no its going to make me cry *sniff* *sniff*

xxx
Back to top Go down
Apple Schnapps

Apple Schnapps

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10Fri 9 Oct - 21:29

World War Z, because while everyone else is reading classics/Dan Brown trash, I'm reading about zombies.

I'm cool like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you Reading at the Moment?   What are you Reading at the Moment? Forum10

Back to top Go down

What are you Reading at the Moment?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Benton On Fire :: General Moaning and Arguing :: Music, Radio and Books-
Jump to: